Things That Make You Go “Hmm” – and Happy Green Beer Day!

I recently took an AcentryDNA test and got my results (click the link to take a peek at my ethnicity makeup).

Was I surprised.

Instead of being more Italian than anything else, I discovered….

Ten Percent Irish St Patricks Day 2017

This comes at quite the timely time, doesn’t it? After all, today isΒ St. Patrick’s Day!

Shamrocks - St Patricks Day 2017

Here are some worthy reads on Irish authors, the history of the day, and a few other St. Patrick’s Day goodies:

I hope your holiday is filled with lots of happiness (and reading, if possible). This is what I’ll be having for dinner:

Green Beer St Patricks Day 2017

Drink responsibly, and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

I heard about these tests… I think I will try it one day as well… Im so curious about my roots πŸ˜€

Comment by anjage

It’s really interesting! At some point I want to do the 23 and Me one–it has health stuff included as well as ethnicity/ancestry.

Comment by Katrina

i didnt know there is more kinds of it. Need to research it more πŸ˜€

Comment by anjage

Definitely–there are a bunch of different kinds. I only found out after I’d bought the Anceestry one.

Comment by Katrina

That’s neat! Might have to try that sometime. Of course, rather timely for you to find out eh!

Comment by BreakawayConsciousness

I grew up in eastern Massachusetts, where people with last names like Goldberg or Nunzio or Wang are all Irish (for one day of the year). For more genuine Irishness, the blog by Γ“glach has a wide range of well-written and often moving posts (some historical; some humorous; …):

Comment by Mellow Curmudgeon

I’ll have to check it out! Thanks πŸ™‚

Comment by Katrina

How interesting! Was that an expensive test?

Comment by Karina Pinella

It was on sale when I got it–something like $70. The 23 and Me test is more inclusive, and I think it’s around $125. I could be wrong though.

Comment by Katrina

I better open a DNA club account . . .

Comment by Karina Pinella

As my surname is Irish you would be forgiven for thinking I make a meal out of St Patrick’s Day. I don’t. I barely recognise my own birthday so St Patrick’s stands no chance. Haha.

By the way, I’ve given you an honourable mention in my Blogoquent Award acceptance post as you were one of the fellow winners. Check it out if you have time πŸ™‚

Comment by Paul.E.Bailey

Ha! That’s hilarious. You holiday-hater! πŸ˜‰

Thank you so much for mentioning me! I’m checking out your blog now.

Comment by Katrina

It’s true. I’m not a festive person at all. A complete antithesis of what I was like as a child when every holiday was a huge event.

I’ll definitely go through more of your stuff when time allows πŸ™‚

Comment by Paul.E.Bailey

Same here–was only able to check out the one post today, but I’ll be having your posts emailed to me, so looking forward to what’s in store.

Comment by Katrina